16 October, 2020

Advanced warning: Hugh revision of the genus Heterometrus and several parts of Scorpionidae recently published


I just got an email from Gerard Dupre containing a 500 page revision of Heterometrus Ehrenberg, 1828 and other parts of the family Scorpionidae. I normally do not blog about new articles until I have read and "processed" them, but in this case the taxonomical changes are massive and it will take me quite some time to update The Scorpion Files. Because the Scorpionidae is an important and popular family among both professionals and enthusiasts, I'm posting the news about this paper immediately. 

I will post more details in a separate post later.

Abstract:
See article for the large abstract.

Reference:
Prendini L, Loria SF. Systematic revision of the Asian Forest Scorpions (Heterometrinae simon, 1879), revised suprageneric classification of Scorpionidae latreille, 1802, and revalidation of Rugodentidae Bastawade et al., 2005. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History. 2020(442):1-480. [Open Access]

Thanks to Gerard Dupre for informing me about this important paper!

Family Scorpionidae (not updated yet!)

 

 

No comments: